A safe place to dispose of unused and expired prescription medications.
Can be accepted:
- Prescription meds, including prescribed controlled substances (DEA Schedule II– V);
- Over-the-counter meds/vitamins
- Liquid meds (small amounts in original, non-leaking containers).
- Medicated patches (Used Fentanyl and Duragesic® patches are extremely hazardous. They may be folded in half, sticky-side together, and flushed down the toilet.)
- Medicated ointments
- Pet meds
- Unused drug injection cartridges,
e.g. unused EpiPens® and insulin pens (must be unused with needle still protected inside).
Unused inhaler canisters, e.g. Advair®, Spiriva®, ProAir® and Ventolin® (must be unused, no empty canisters or unneeded plastic holders/mouth pieces).
Cannot be accepted:
- Illicit drugs (e.g. DEA Schedule I drugs like heroin, LSD, etc).
- Needles, syringes, and other sharps.
- Chemotherapy drugs.
- Medical tools and supplies.
- Bloody or infectious waste.
- Personal care products
Click the printer icon to generate a printer-friendly copy of all of this organization's details.
Salida Pharmacy: 719-530-4790 /////// Buena Vista Pharmacy: 719-395-2481 /////// Chaffee County Sheriff's Office: 719-539-2596
Hours of Operation:
Salida Pharmacy Drop Box, Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. /////// Buena Vista Pharmacy Drop Box, Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. /////// Chaffee County Sheriff's Office Drop Box, Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Chaffee County Sheriff's Office 641 West 3rd Street Salida, CO 81201 /////// Salida Pharmacy and Fountain 137 F Street Salida, CO 81201 /////// Buena Vista Drug 403 Hwy 24 Buena Vista, CO 81211